Technical Audits can help provide confidence in your supply chain’s ability to meet your quality requirements. The quality of your products are directly affected by the performance of your suppliers, therefore it is essential that you verify their ability to meet both local and international standards as well as any project or customer specific requirements.
GQS has a proven track record of carrying out technical audits and vendor assessments worldwide. In the current economic climate there is an increasing trend for lower cost materials from areas with less quality and manufacturing experience. GQS has vast experience in these markets and has a wealth of knowledge amongst its specialist team of auditors.
GQS pride themselves on their commitment to not only carrying out audits on your suppliers, but also helping them to improve their procedures and processes in order to meet your requirements and in doing so strengthening your supply chain. We currently manage the approved supplier list for Line Pipe of one of the world’s largest operators as well as carrying out project or order specific individual audits for a number of clients across a range of commodities including OCTG, line pipe, drilling equipment, subsea and topside equipment.
Our technical audits and vendor assessments cover the following:
- Quality management system reviews
- Detailed assessment of manufacturing facilities and processes
- Assessment of welding and fabrication procedures and practices
- Workload and capacity assessments
- NDT assessments by our level 3 NDT specialist
- Mechanical and metallurgical testing facilities assessment
- Calibration of equipment
- Training of personnel
- Material handling, storage and packaging
- Effective management of risk related to the safety and quality of supplies
- Provides confidence of trade with suppliers
- Provides confidence in supplier capabilities
- Helps in cost reduction by reducing bad quality of supplied materials, equipment and services
- Proven methodology for qualifying suppliers
Get In Touch
Have any questions you’d like to ask? Get in touch with us via the details below.